Top: A view of Wrigley Field as it looked in 1928, two years after it was renamed for the Cubs’ new principal owner, William Wrigley, Jr.
Middle: From left, Cubs manager and first baseman Charlie Grimm, head groundskeeper Bob Dorr, and shortstop Woody English in 1934. Dorr started as the groundskeeper in 1919 and lived in a six-room house built into the left-field corner of Wrigley Field. The front door of the house let out directly onto Waveland Avenue.
Bottom: Fans camped out overnight for a place in line for bleacher tickets at Wrigley Field in 1945. Some fans used tubs and baskets to keep the rain off their face.